A dining club for hip, young Seattleites meets once a month for dinner and drinks. High jinks ensue.

Thursday, April 12, 2007

Black Bottle

This is one of Belltown's finest... Have now been there twice. A couple of the dishes from my first visit (with Dan & Hannah) were so amazing I kind of *influenced* Rico & Jerrod to order a couple of the same items.

Dan, Hannah, and I had the mussels, hanger steak, and chicken & dried cherry flatbread. The mussels were good -- but the hanger steak and chicken/cherry flatbread were amazing. But the truly memorable dish was the dessert: a peach and blueberry tart served with a jar of whipping cream. Yum! That dessert is on my list of all-time faves... So Jerrod, Rico and I ordered (very similar menu): hanger steak, chicken & dried cherry flatbread, and fried tofu served with a peanut sauce. We also ordered the peach and blueberry tart along with a chocolate cake that was served with vanilla gelato. I was kinda "meh" on the chocolate cake. I still loved the peach and blueberry tart.

We also had a super hot (straight) waiter who checked in on us a few times. There were many hot guys to check out. Rico, Jerrod, and I have no gay-dar, but I think it was pretty split between straight guys out with their girlfriends and gay guys out with their hags.

Black Bottle would make a great first date restaurant. The food is inventive, but accessible, and there's just a cool, hip but casual vibe. I love all the unique light fixtures and the fuzzy, upholstered sliding barn doors.



Black Bottle in Seattle

1 Comments:

Blogger hannah said...

It is hard to say what exactly the best part of the peach and blueberry tart is. Is it the crust? The fact that it's all warm and delicous? The heavy cream you get to drizzle on top? It is truly delicous. The food is pretty good too but really it's all about the tart.

3:46 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home