A dining club for hip, young Seattleites meets once a month for dinner and drinks. High jinks ensue.

Monday, February 19, 2007

Tutta Bella - Columbia City

This was my second trip to Tutta Bella, but my first to the Columbia City location. The setting is hip, but the restaurant itself is overwhelmingly noisy. To Tutta's credit, they had live music.

The food is good, I ordered the Ensalata di Salerno. Tossed in a simple vinaigrette, romaine leaves, cherry tomatoes, fennel, cucumber, and mozzarella balls. Its light, refreshing, and shares well.

Others at the table chose pizza which I've had but haven't much enjoyed. Personally, I prefer Chicago-style deep-dish. For me, the wafer crust, with a smidgeon of cheese, a few spare dollops of tomato sauce, and sparser toppings; I feel cheated of a true pizza eating experience.

That said, the place is hopping. The wait time for a table on Saturday night was 30 minutes or more. They've got a great concept that many Seattleites appreciate. As Jerrod put it, its a great restaurant for a first date. Beyond that, I'd be hard-pressed to call it one of my favorites.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home