A dining club for hip, young Seattleites meets once a month for dinner and drinks. High jinks ensue.

Thursday, December 28, 2006

Baguette Box - Late Review

Lenny, Travis, Hannah, Robert (and Emma and Ethan) joined me at The Baguette Box a few Saturdays ago and we had a great time. I had the Drunken Chicken sandwich, which is The Baguette Box's claim to fame -- it was a lot like ordering Sweet & Sour Chicken or General Tso's Chicken from a Chinese restaurant and putting it on a giant baguette. Very tasty! Still, I think I actually prefer the Lemongrass Grilled Steak sandwich that I had on my first visit.

I love the fact that they have dog posters everywhere!!! And yet there are no Frenchy pictures -- I plan to donate some framed pictures of Sidney to add a touch of class.

We finished the night at Cafe Verite/Cupcake Royale in Madrona. We were a bit worried because part of Madrona still lacked power following the windstorm. As we drove up, most of Madrona appeared to be dark, but we saw two workers inside the coffee shop, so we headed inside. Because they had so many leftover cupcakes (I guess people assumed they would be closed due to the power outages) they offered the large cupcakes to us at $1 a piece or 50% off!! It's becoming so common to get deals on the cupcakes at the Madrona Cupcake Royale, I'm going to expect this preferential treatment every time I go there!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home